There is nothing more difficult for Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake couples plan their weddings than trying to do so from two different locations. What cake should we pick? Do you like these peonies? What do you think about filet mignon for the main course? When you’re trying to plan a wedding, you need your partner near you. But if being right by each other’s side is impossible, then there’s an app for that. Couple is an app available for Android and iPhone that makes staying in touch with your favourite person easier. Visit couple.me to download the app.
Couple was created by California-based TenthBit Inc., in 2012. After being disconnected from their significant others, the apps’ founders discovered they were repurposing other services to talk to their partners. After many frustrating Skype calls and international text messages, they decided to build Couple. The app now has more than two million downloads and has facilitated more than one billion messages between couples.
The app, which is free and private, connects you to only the most important person in your life. Though ideal for long distance relationships, the app can also be expertly used for couples in the same city. With many uses that can benefit engaged couples planning their Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake weddings, Couple was named one of the top five apps to help plan your wedding by Huffington Post.
The most interesting aspect of the app is its ability for couples to be close, even when apart. Using the ThumbKiss feature, the couple can touch the same spot on their phones to make them both vibrate simultaneously.
The app’s features also include:
- Private timeline to build a shared history and remember special moments;
- Real-time messaging and share videos, voice messages and photo filters to express yourself;
- Express your moods and emotions through stickers (these must be purchased);
- Sketch together in real-time to allow you to make diagrams of seating, create vows or even just spend time together playing games;
- Share to-do lists;
- Calendar reminders to schedule dates and automatic notification of important dates;
- Find highly rated nightlife venues and restaurants to help plan showers, rehearsal dinners and other events;
- Broadcast your location to each other in real-time using Live Beacon to make it easier to meet up;
- Chat using the web app when you’re on your computer.
Patti Wallington is the premiere wedding planner in Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake. Please enjoying reading this blog and the others we have listed. We offer a full slate of wedding services for Niagara Falls and Niagara-on-the-Lake to both Niagara couples and those who live out of town.